Sunday, June 22, 2014

Take the Bite Out of Summer!



Everyone knows Mosquitoes love to bite!  And they love some people more than others. When I get a bite from them my skin gets a big lump on it almost like I have an allergic reaction to them. I'm sure you know what I experience during this season.  It almost makes you want to hide inside but I love the outdoors and have found ways to deal with these pesky insects.
  If you are having company over and you want to make s concoction to spray around the area where you will be sitting try making this as it works great.
I know there are lots of products you can buy to use but I prefer using a healthier mix for a  natural repellent. I just love finding new DIY remedies to try and see how they work.


Mosquito Repellent Spray

Use a spray bottle and fill it 3/4 water and 1/4 vinegar and cut up a few garlic clovers
shake it up and spray around the deck or wherever you will be sitting.

You can also use this spray on your clothes if you desire.



If you are having a bonfire, or a camp fire you can add some spice to your fire that will detour the mosquitoes away. I just learned this recently and it is a great tip.  There are 2 Spices that you can use and you probably carry in your household.
Thyme

Rosemary

If you have one of these spices you can just throw some of the leaves on the fire while it is burning and repel the mosquitoes. Also if you are barbecuing you can throw a few spices on there as well. 

So remember summer is meant to be enjoyed so don't let those annoying mosquitoes keep you from having fun and enjoying the summer weather.

When enjoying the summer be bite free and don't forget the sunscreen as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment