Saturday, July 20, 2013

How to Repurpose Clip-on Hoop Earrings


Here is the end result of my window!



I moved into a house and found that I had nothing to put on this window.  There was already a blind there and I thought about how I could make this window look nicer.  I had a piece of material  that was originally a sheer curtain so I thought it would make a nice window scarf by hanging i it sideways  I originally had it tied on the corners with black hair elastics and they were hooked on two push pin tacks. but the elastics dried out and it started sagging,so I thought what can I use that is stronger and more durable,  Then I had an idea!

I had a pair of silver clip-on earrings and thought I would try them on this project, they worked perfectly.  I clipped them on each corner of the scarf and hung each earring on the push pin tack that was on  the corner of the top of the window. This worked out great and I got to recycle things I already had around the house.  I love decorating on a dime but like to have a nice finished look.  Next project is painting the room as I am not crazy about the colour/

Its amazing what you can create once you start thinking and planning and getting your creative juices flowing/
I was happy with the end result of this project.

What do you think of  the project ?  I would love to get  your feedback!

1 comment:

  1. That is a cool idea. Never would have thought of that.

    NICE!

    SueSueper Sue

    ReplyDelete